Below are examples of recently published stories. Click here to view the full archive.
- Peace Bridge damages keep adding up as vandals strike again — Nov. 13, 2016
- Councillors blame absenteeism on unfair workloads, seek overhaul — Nov. 10, 2016
- Health Canada data shows medical marijuana shipments to Alberta are soaring — Oct. 27, 2016
- Don’t bogart marijuana revenue, take zero-tolerance approach for drivers, Calgary tells Ottawa — Oct. 6, 2016
- Interactive: What’s driving more Calgarians to cycle to work? — July 25, 2016
- Nenshi, Chu get testy at committee as councillor pursues ‘rumours’ on Uber lawsuit — May 31, 2016
- Council watchdogs paid $24K a year, plus $200 an hour — May 23, 2016
- Nenshi suggests city tested Uber screening process with criminals — Apr. 22, 2016
- Data reveals pedestrian danger: One hit per day, and most had the right of way — Feb. 19, 2016
Unfortunately, OpenFile ceased operations the fall of 2012 and soon after shuttered its half dozen websites across Canada making it impossible to share any of the fine journalism produced by its staff and freelances.
Fast Forward Weekly (FFWD)
Fast Forward Weekly — Calgary’s longest running alt-weekly newspaper — closed shop in early 2015 after serving the city for nearly two decades. I am immensely proud to count myself as an alum of this once mighty paper that regularly punched above its weight, covered issues other outlets ignored or gave short shrift, and provided a voice to the voiceless.
FFWD’s website has been removed, but I will repost some of my better work during my stint as its primary news writer and online editor on this personal website.